How to Care for and Harvest Your Microgreens
Our new 5” x 5” green trays are made of heavy duty, recycled, food grade, polypropylene plastic and along with the black 10” x 10” flat, they are to be returned each time you pick-up your new order. We will clean and sanitize them and use them for your next order. This will keep them from ending up in the landfill.
Your microgreens will easily live for 1-2 weeks if cared for properly. Of course you should be eating them every day.
- Place on your kitchen counter or table so they get indirect sunlight or medium to bright indoor lighting. Make sure the plants have darkness at night.
- Add a cup of water to the tray under the individual blocks once a day and swish around. Less water is needed as you eat more of the microgreens.
- Cut and use as you need.
Ways to Use Your Microgreens
– Don’t cook your microgreens.
– Add your microgreens as a highly nutritious, edible garnish to any recipe you are making.
– Try to use them at every meal to add flavor and nutrition.
– Sprinkle them on salads, sandwiches, soups, pizza, omelets, loaded baked potatoes, spaghetti, lasagna, oatmeal, hotdogs/hamburgers, loaded fries, casseroles, pasta salads, potato salad, etc. You can even add them to ice cream! Let’s us know how you like to use them!