Good afternoon, Microgreen Lovers!
Who knew it would get so chilly in August! When temps go up and down like this, our immune systems take a hit. How do you stay healthy when the weather takes a nose dive? I have a solution! Keep reading!
Congratulations to Ruminantia.!!
You have won the weekly drawing! Come by our booth to pick up your prize.
You can visit us at any of our three locations:
- Saturday, 9-12:30, Kalispell Farmer’s Market
- Tuesday, 5:00-7:30, Whitefish Farmer’s Market
We are NOT growing sprouts! We are growing MICRO greens with MEGA nutrients every week! Come by and refill your 4-Pack with tasty, nutritious greens for a healthier YOU!
Special Orders: If you are interested a microgreen that we grow and want to place a special order just let us know the week before and we will make arrangements with you for pickup.
Monthly Subscription: We also have a monthly subscription service, which will begin in October and run all year. For more info on this go to www.GeckoMountainFarm.com and click on the “microgreens subscription” to find out more info and how you can sign up.
Did you know…
MicroGreens are so highly packed with nutrients that they will help your immune system ward off any seasonal colds or flu. Make it a habit of including MicroGreens at every meal—and here is a delicious, yet nutritious, recipe to get you started.
Golden Potato Soup w/turnips and MICROGREENS
- 4 small turnips (about 1 pound)
- 2 small potatoes (about 8 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 carrot scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups water, light stock or broth
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For Serving:
- 4 to 6 slices dark bread, such as pumpernickel or dark rye
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese or gorgonzola, at room temperature
- Trim the turnips and peel neatly with a paring knife. Cut into wedges and then crosswise into slices about ¼-inch thick. Do the same with the potatoes.
- Melt the butter or heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the turnips potatoes, carrot, and onion slices. Give them a stir. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the water, stock or broth and bring to a boil. Add the thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Purée the soup in the pot using an immersion blender or in batches in a standing blender. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Toast the bread, then spread with the butter or olive oil and softened blue cheese or gorgonzola.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle each serving with MicroGreens. Accompany with the toasts, either floating in the soup or alongside.